Dynamic Learning Maps® (DLM®) Familiar Text lesson plans are now available for teachers to use during instruction. Each plan includes a familiar text and focuses on early symbolic communication. These plans help students identify objects, express personal preferences, and respond to “Yes” or “No” questions during shared reading. This is important for students who are completing DLM testlets at the Initial Precursor linkage level.
Check out this video on how to use familiar text lesson plans: DLM Familiar Text Lessons.
Follow the instructions below to access the lesson plans.
- Go to the DLM website.
- Select the Instructional Resources drop-down menu for Instructionally Embedded or Year-End models.
- Select the English Language Arts tab.
- Select the Familiar Texts button.
- Scroll to the grade levels buttons at the bottom of the page.
- Select a grade level.
- Select the About Familiar Texts link for each grade level.
Lesson plans are linked in the About Familiar Texts documents.
For a shareable file, select this link.