Users have five attempts to login before their Kite® Educator Portal account is locked.
Previously, after the fifth failed login attempt, a user could select the Forgot Password link to reset their password.
An additional security layer has been added to Educator Portal login attempts. With the additional security update: After the fifth failed login attempt, a user must contact their test coordinator to unlock their account.
The following roles can unlock Educator Portal accounts:
- Building Test Coordinators
- District Superintendent
- District Test Coordinators
- District Users
- Regional Test Coordinators
- Regional Users
- State Assessment Administrators
Users with the Teacher role cannot unlock accounts.
To unlock an Educator Portal user account:
- Select Settings | Users | View Users tab.
- Review the new "Account Locked" column to identify users with locked accounts.
- Select the user and the new Unlock button.
- The system will display a confirmation pop-up message.
- Select OK to continue.
- The user account is now unlocked. The user can attempt to login again OR use the Forgot Password link to reset their password.
Please share this message with your colleagues and show them how to subscribe to DLM Test Updates (from this page). Thank you.